StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- For the fifth week in a row, Dresses remained the top category with sold out products. In addition, the number of sold out products increased across the board last week, whereas the week before it had decreased across the board. Bloomingdale’s saw the greatest increase in sold out products with 2,570 skus sold, up by 1,492 from the week before.
- Retailers introduced the most new products to their Dresses category last week. Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom and Revolve Clothing moved from Shirts & Tops the prior week to Dresses last week. Lord & Taylor, however, introduced the most new products in Shirts & Tops last week, as it did the week before.
- Retailers held back on discounting items last week, with the exception of Revolve Clothing and Lord & Taylor. Revolve Clothing dramatically increased its number of adjusted items with 5,106 skus discounted last week, an increase of 5,051 from the week before. Lord & Taylor also increased its number of adjusted items with 12,486 skus discounted, an increase of 403 from the week before.
- Major retailers continued cleaning out merchandise with sales. Lord & Taylor offered a three-day sale with 20% off clearance and 15% off regular-priced and sale items, and ASOS displayed an “up to 70% off your new wardrobe” promotion on its home page.
- Dresses were a popular display on the home pages of retailers not offering any discounts. Bloomingdale’s, Shopbop and Revolve Clothing all seemed to move away from wintery spreads and discounts and featured flirty spring dresses on their home pages last week.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.