StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- For the fourth week in a row, Dresses remained the top category with sold out products. While Nordstrom made the move from Dresses to Shirts & Tops the week before, last week it moved back to Dresses, selling out 417.
- Many retailers introduced the most new products to their Shirts & Tops category last week. Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom and Revolve Clothing all introduced the most new products in Shirts & Tops. ASOS introduced the most products to Dresses, as it did the week before, while Shopbop moved from Swimwear to Dresses last week.
- The number of discounted items decreased across the board, with the exception of Lord & Taylor. Last week, Lord & Taylor discounted a total of 12,083 skus, an increase of 5,269 from the week prior. ASOS only discounted 1,905 skus, a 4,760 decrease from the week prior.
- Major retailers continued cleaning out old merchandise with sales. Macy’s offered a two-day holiday sale with an extra 15% off or $10 off a purchase of $25 or more. Bloomingdale’s offered a five-day weekend sale with a 20% off promotion, while Lord & Taylor moved away from its “over 75% off clearance” the week prior, offering a “buy more, save more” promotion last week.
- Much like the week before, trend-driven contemporary retailers kept their pricing even-keeled last week. Revolve Clothing and Shopbop offered no discounts or promotions on their home pages.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.