StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- The top-sold out category across most of the board remained Dresses. For the past three weeks, Dresses has been the top-selling category for ASOS, Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Revolve Clothing and Shopbop. Nordstrom, however, is the only retailer that held Shirts & Tops as its top-sold out category.
- Many retailers discounted the most items in their Dresses category. ASOS, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Revolve Clothing and Shopbop made the most adjustments in this category, while Lord & Taylor made the most adjustments in its Outerwear category.
- The most new products were introduced to Dresses, Shirts & Tops and Swimwear. ASOS, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom introduced new products to Dresses, with average prices at $89, $278 and $887, respectively. Lord & Taylor introduced new products to Shirts & Tops at an average price of $103, while Revolve Clothing and Shopbop added new swimwear at an average price of $135 and $198.
- There hasn’t been much color differentiation in movement between full price and discounted dresses. Other factors such as silhouette, occasion and price are most likely driving most purchases.
- Major retailers cleaned out old merchandise with post-holiday sales while trend-driven contemporary retailers held back. Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom offered merchandise up to 70% off.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at email@example.com.