StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- Shirts & Tops was one of the most popular sold-out categories last week. The top categories for Catherine’s and Lane Bryant were Shirts and Sleepwear, while Walmart sold out in Shirts and Activewear. Avenue sold out in Shirts & Tops last week as well, while Roaman’s moved from Shirts & Tops the week before to Swimwear last week.
- Retailers introduced most top categories at lower average prices. Roaman’s introduced new products to Shirts with the greatest difference in average price; last week the average price was $37, down from $47 the week before. Catherine’s followed with the average price of shirts last week at $39, down from $44 the week before.
- Avenue continued its 1000+ skus discount strategy for the fourth week. Avenue adjusted a total of 1243 skus last week, an increase of 202 from the prior week. It’s top categories of Shirts, Sweaters and Dresses have not changed.
- Walmart scaled back its discounts from the week before. Last week, Walmart adjusted a total of 28 skus, down 1087 from the prior week. Its top categories changed from Activewear and Sleepwear to only Shirts last week.
- Winter clearance promotions continued. Roaman’s, Lane Bryant, Catherine’s and Avenue continued to focus on clearing out winter merchandise, with Avenue adjusting its percentage off from 50% the previous week to 30% last week. Roaman’s also introduced spring and swimwear promotions last week.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.