Top Five Women’s Plus Size Trends Week Ending Jan. 16, 2016
StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- Shirts & Tops was one of the most popular sold-out categories last week. The top categories for Catherine’s and Lane Bryant were Shirts and Sleepwear, while Walmart sold out in Shirts and Activewear. Avenue sold out in Shirts & Tops last week as well, while Roaman’s moved from Shirts & Tops the week before to Swimwear last week.
- Retailers introduced most top categories at lower average prices. Roaman’s introduced new products to Shirts with the greatest difference in average price; last week the average price was $37, down from $47 the week before. Catherine’s followed with the average price of shirts last week at $39, down from $44 the week before.
- Avenue continued its 1000+ skus discount strategy for the fourth week. Avenue adjusted a total of 1243 skus last week, an increase of 202 from the prior week. It’s top categories of Shirts, Sweaters and Dresses have not changed.
- Walmart scaled back its discounts from the week before. Last week, Walmart adjusted a total of 28 skus, down 1087 from the prior week. Its top categories changed from Activewear and Sleepwear to only Shirts last week.
- Winter clearance promotions continued. Roaman’s, Lane Bryant, Catherine’s and Avenue continued to focus on clearing out winter merchandise, with Avenue adjusting its percentage off from 50% the previous week to 30% last week. Roaman’s also introduced spring and swimwear promotions last week.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at email@example.com.