Top Five Women’s Plus Size Trends Week Ending Jan. 9, 2016
StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- Compared to the week before, the number of full-priced sold-out products increased across the board. Walmart showed the greatest increase with 402 skus sold, followed by Lane Bryant with 108 skus sold. The top categories remained Sleepwear & Intimates for Catherines and Lane Bryant, while Walmart’s top category for the week was Activewear.
- Retailers have begun introducing 2016 product in small batches. Walmart introduced the most new skus at 106, up from zero the week before, while Catherines only introduced 9 skus, down one from the week before. At Avenue, all new products were introduced at discounted prices, much like the week before. Lane Bryant, however, stepped away from its major Activewear push the previous week and introduced swimwear before anyone else.
- Avenue continued its 1000+ skus discount strategy for the third week. Avenue adjusted a total of 1041 skus, with its top categories being Shirts, Sweaters and Dresses.
- Walmart, which typically does few discounts, adjusted a total of 1115 skus, up from zero the week before. Top categories for the retailer included Activewear, Shirts and Sweaters.
- Clearance promotions continued. Catherines offered $20 and $16 clearance deals, while Roaman’s focused heavily on clearing winter merchandise with three separate promotions offering 50-70% off. Avenue offered 50% off everything, including new arrivals.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at email@example.com.