StyleSage brings you the latest trends (backed by data!) in special fashion verticals, so you are always on top of your game.
- Sweaters, shirts, jeans and dresses saw sold-out trends last week. Sweaters with chevron, stripes, fringes and open-front draped silhouette cardigans sold out, as did graphic t-shirts and shirts with tie dye, plaid and stripes. Jeans with cropped and above-ankle lengths are starting to sell out, as are long and midi-length dresses.
- Retailers held back on new product introductions. Lane Bryant and Roaman’s introduced 122 and 34 new skus, up by 67 and 10 skus from the week before, respectively. Avenue and Catherines were down 118 and 17 skus, introducing 102 and 10 new skus last week, respectively. Walmart remained the same, with no new skus introduced.
- Activewear was the largest newly introduced category last week. Lane Bryant promoted new activewear on its home page -- smart strategy given the surge in fitness-inspired new years resolutions.
- Avenue continued its 1000+ sku discount strategy from the week before. Avenue adjusted 1120 skus last week, up by 40 skus from the week before. Catherines also increased its adjusted skus by 163 last week, for a total of 166 skus. Lane Bryant, however, discounted only 98 skus, 373 less than the week before. Top discounted categories included Shirts & Tops, Sweaters and Sleepwear.
- Retailers continues to offer post-holiday discounts. Avenue increased its after-holiday sale to 50-60% off, with new arrivals also discounted at 30% off. Catherines offered a 16 cent shipping charge with no minimum purchase, and Roaman’s offered the same post-holiday sale as the week before, with savings up to 70% off.
Need to know more for your business? Shoot us a note at email@example.com.